Violin Studio of Amanda Hockenberger
- "Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart." - Pablo Casals
- "When love is deep, much can be accomplished” - Shinichi Suzuki
- "Beautiful tone, Beautiful heart." - Shinichi Suzuki
- "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
Interesting Facts - Benefits of Music Education
- Researches found that students who report high levels of involvement in instrumental music over the middle and high school years show significantly higher levels of mathematics proficiency by grade 12. - Catterall, James S., Richard Chapleau, and John Iwanaga. Involvement in the Arts and Human Development: General Involvement and Intensive Involvement in Music and Theater Arts. Los Angeles, CA: The Imagination Project at UCLA Graduate School of Ed. and Info. Studies, 1999.
- The musician is constantly adjusting decisions on tempo, tone, style, rhythm, phrasing, and feeling--training the brain to become incredibly good at organizing and conducting numerous activities at once. Dedicated practice of this orchestration can have a great payoff for lifelong attentional skills, intelligence, and an ability for self-knowledge and expression. -Ratev John J., MD. A User's Guide to the Brain. New York: Pantheon Books. 2001.
- A research team exploring the link between music and intelligence reported that music training is far superior to computer instruction in dramatically enhancing children's abstract reasoning skills, the skills necessary for learning math and science. -Shaw, Rauscher, Levine, Wright, Dennis, and Newcomb, "Music training causes long-term enhancement of preschool children's spatial-temporal reasoning, "Neurological Research, Vol.19, February 1997.